Early access version
Account Executive - Zen Locum
Our mission is to change the world of education & health. Schools spend over £2bn a year on agency staff, with over £600m per year of that spent on fees that go straight to the recruitment agencies. So far, we've saved UK schools over £2m in supply teaching recruitment costs, and that number grows every day, meaning the funding can be put back into education within the schools.
Using our online platform, schools have access to hundreds of profiles of fully vetted teachers and support staff, who they can book at a click of a button. Think Uber for teachers.
Zen builds and scales online marketplaces which revolutionise the way organisations manage short and long term recruitment needs.
In 2017 we launched Zen Educate, an online platform that has saved UK schools over £2M to date in supply teaching and recruitment costs.
Using our platform, schools have access to hundreds of profiles of fully vetted teachers, who they can book at a click of a button or arrange an interview with. Think Uber for teachers.
Building on this success, we launched Zen Locum this summer - an online platform that matches locums (temporary workers) with pharmacies and opticians. We’ve had significant early traction so we are looking to expand this team to continue driving growth.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies.
Your chance to make a difference:
This is your chance to join a high growth tech startup on the ground floor. We are passionate about learning and development, and aim to maximise both your personal and career growth.
We're looking for enthusiastic, mission-driven people who fit our values and are passionate about what we do. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job description.
As an early employee you will play a significant role in the development of the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning. We hire for the long term — we now have over 100 people and we’re continuing our quest to grow the best team out there.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the relationship with key customers including retention, expansion and new business
- Call stores and build pipeline
- Lead store managers through successful onboarding process using a consultative approach
- Maintain constructive relationships with locums and stores to ensure retention and repeat business
- Work collaboratively with the sales, operations and the technology team to continuously improve efficiency in delivering value to opticians and pharmacies
- Get your hands dirty. Like any true start-up, no two weeks will be the same and a general interest in mucking in and just getting the job done is crucial
What we are looking for:
- We want you to bring enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn. We will give you all the training and tools that you need to succeed!
- Someone passionate and motivated, who loves being a part of a close team
- Proven track record of hitting sales targets
- Confident in developing outbound pipeline and handling objections
- Growth mindset — dedicated to growing your skills as a professional
- Passion for companies that have a positive social impact.
· Top performer that wants to be part of a high-performing, motivated team
· Able to drive own work process
· Strong bias to action
· Previous experience working with pharmacies or opticians is a plus but not essential
What's in it for you?
- Work that you want to talk about
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company
- 25 days of holiday
- Central London office with perks like fresh fruit, yoga classes, bike parking, showers and an on-site gym and café
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
What’s it like to work at Zen?
We are a rapidly growing diverse team, with no plans to slow down. We foster an inclusive and bubbly work environment, where friends are made for life, not just to be work colleagues!
In addition to our fantastic central London office, full of plants, fresh fruit and fun colleagues, here are some other great things about Zen’s culture.
We highly recommend the in-office experience, but working from home is supported. We provide a snazzy MacBook and headset!
As well as a structured onboarding and on-the-job training, enjoy regular ‘lunch and learns’ every month on a range of topics, recently including Black History Month, Employee Wellbeing. Volunteer to host your own!
Weekly virtual coffees and regular socials e.g Pizza Pilgrims, interactive escape rooms, crazy golf, charity events.
Twice-Yearly ship it day
Down your day job and work across teams on building special projects.
We have a Zen appreciation board to say thank you to each other, and weekly Golden Tickets to celebrate outstanding employees.
Frequent guest appearances from colleagues doggos (with pet free zones too in case of allergies!)
Your favourite cake on your birthday, lunch on your first day on us!
We are a very sociable, supportive and inclusive company, who love to work hard and play hard too. After work we can be found having a couple drinks in the array of great local pubs, or firing up a BBQ on the decking
THE ZEN VALUES
Commit to the mission
We commit to our mission, our customers and our teams. We work hard because we care more.
Choose greatness over comfort
Greatness and comfort rarely coexist. We seek greatness. We understand success takes grit & determination so we seek colleagues that possess it.
Act like an owner
We all take responsibility for driving the company forward and making it a success. If we see something that could be better, we fix it. We offer stock options to all employees.
Help each other be better
Every person at Zen is someone we can respect and learn from.
A culture of trust
We hire people who are great at their jobs and we let them get on with it while being there to lend a hand when needed.
Challenge the status quo
We take action when we can see opportunities for improvement. We are in it to make our customers' lives better and to fix a broken system.
Embrace learning over perfection
We make decisions quickly and we don't hesitate. We may disagree with a decision, but we support the team and the mission by committing to it. We embrace making unknowable mistakes and learning from them.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
How to apply...
We take care of the entire process for you so we can manage and remove poor experiences like ghosting, no feedback, no updates and so on 🙌
All you have to do is let your Relationship Manager know you’re interested, ask them any questions you have and they will take care of the rest.
Straight to the front
From there, what’s next is super simple 😇
If you like the initial sound of the company/ role. We then act as your “in” with them and set up an initial phone chat with you and the Hiring Manager there.
The chat will be pretty informal and should only last 10-15 minutes - It's a fact find for both of you.
More than prepared
Before the call we will send you EVERYTHING you'll need to know about the company / who they are looking for / format of the call and so on.
You will be fully prepared and know what to expect at every stage 😀