Early access version
with The Ocean Bottle
At a glance
The Ocean Bottle is on a mission to give anyone that gives a damn about this planet the power to end the flow of plastics into the ocean!
Salary: Circa £26,000+
Market: Product / Sustainability / For Good
Stage: Early stage Growth
Company size: 8+
Office: Covent Garden, London
Website > https://theoceanbottle.com/
Full job profile not yet released
The Ocean Bottle
What they do:
We are a mission-driven company that is hoping to make a real impact on the ocean plastic problem. Ocean Bottle is building a connection between people and long term ocean preservation. The purchase of one of our reusable bottles funds the collection of 1000 plastic bottles of ocean-bound plastic from impoverished coastal areas around the world.
What you'll do:
You will work directly with the founders and the core team to manage the company through the next phase of growth. You will be making a real impact on ocean plastic by forging incredible partnerships with awesome brands and also selling bottles to sustainably-minded organisations.
You will be part of the early stage team who will play a key and vital role in taking us to the next level. We have already established ourselves as the market leader in a short period of time and are now primed to rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to learn and grow with us which will result in moving to any area of the business which you are passionate about and can excel in. Our aim is to help you thrive.
About Ocean Bottle
Our mission is to give anyone that gives a damn about this planet the power to end the flow of plastics into the ocean. We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a small but growing team and this is an opportunity to come and join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since getting going earlier in the year we have garnered a loyal community of B2C customers from 88 countries and established B2B partnerships with companies like; McKinsey, Hulu Films, the European Golf Tour and Airbnb - as well as NGOs, ocean & tech conferences and private islands to co-brand bottles.
As we continue to grow we can’t promise a quiet life - in fact, we promise quite the opposite. W e a re looking for someone who’s up for a challenge and keen to make a real impact on ocean plastic by forging incredible partnerships with awesome brands and also selling bottles to sustainably-minded organisations. You will be joining a tight-knit team all striving for the same mission - protecting our oceans!
What sets you apart from others is that you’re driven by not only closing deals but also by wanting to make a direct, transparent and lasting impact on our environment. You will be just as comfortable selling our mission and bottles on the phone to a CEO as you would be collecting plastic in Bali (we are actually doing this in February). Understanding what our goal as a company is and why we all do it is crucial for every sale we make - so you would need to live and breathe tackling ocean-bound plastic. You would also get giddy at the fact that selling just 50 bottles to a company funds the equivalent collection of 50,000 plastic bottles.
You are able to see through the lines and spot partnerships and sales opportunities that are not immediately obvious and also go down unexplored routes just to ensure that no stone is left unturned. You would also be an easy-going but driven person that is rigorous and methodical in your approach to the sales process.
In an ideal world, we want someone who’s familiar with the world of merchandising, promotional goods or high-end sustainable retail products.
Want to join us? Read below!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
● Searching for potential new leads for partnerships, corporate clients and retail outlets
● Help with the development of our evolving sales strategy during this period of rapid growth
● Developing the framework for assessing our potential new partners on their sustainable credentials
● Creating a robust sales process that leaves no stone unturned
● Actively monitoring the sales pipeline in a CRM
● Driving prospective buyers to join our movement, providing them with relevant details and explaining the concept behind Ocean Bottle and how it will solve their pain points
● Following up with people who have not made an order yet and trying to help troubleshoot, seeing the process through, working with the ops team to get sales over the line
● Gathering and analysing data on lost leads and closed deals
● Finding and onboarding new distributors in untapped markets
● Pitching Ocean Bottle to the world’s best retail outlets
● Following up with issuing invoices and chasing payment
WHAT WE NEED
● At least 1 year of sales experience
● Experience working with CRMs
● Excellent communication and presenting skills
● Passion to find and chase leads of all types
● Highly organised and a desire to be meticulous in your approach
● An urge to initiate and act on your own ideas
● An appetite for changing the world
Bonus Points (non-essential, but a bonus if you have them!)
● A bachelor's degree
WHAT YOU’LL GET
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £24,000 - £26,000 for this role, depending on experience is negotiable. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
● Stock options: So you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
● 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because
who wants to work on their birthday)
● Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
● Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must and we work
at Shoreditch house every Monday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
● Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
● Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
● We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
How to apply...
We take care of the entire process for you so we can manage and remove poor experiences like ghosting, no feedback, no updates and so on 🙌
All you have to do is let your Relationship Manager know you’re interested, ask them any questions you have and they will take care of the rest.
Straight to the front
From there, what’s next is super simple 😇
If you like the initial sound of the company/ role. We then act as your “in” with them and set up an initial phone chat with you and the Hiring Manager there.
The chat will be pretty informal and should only last 10-15 minutes - It's a fact find for both of you.
More than prepared
Before the call we will send you EVERYTHING you'll need to know about the company / who they are looking for / format of the call and so on.
You will be fully prepared and know what to expect at every stage 😀