Early access version
About Ocean Bottle
Our mission is to give anyone that gives a damn about this planet the power to end the flow of plastics into the ocean! We have big plans and ambitions and have some great backing behind us - Ocean Bottle is made up of a small but growing team and this is an opportunity to come join a brand that is going to change the world for the better.
Since launching in January 2019 Ocean Bottle has shipped over 100k units to over 88 countries and partnered with brands including Pangaia, Soho House, Universal Music, Golden Globes through to Ed Sheeran. We have collected 2,142,572 kgs of plastic and improved livelihoods at the same time. By 2025 our goal is to prevent the equivalent of 7 billion plastic bottles from entering the ocean. Will you help us get there? Read below!
We’re looking for our first Operations Executive to work directly with the Operations Manager & COO. This is an excellent opportunity for an operationally savvy professional to join a fast growing startup with the potential to progress quickly.
You will help us track and manage all operational activities across the end-to-end supply chain and offer support in global supply chain projects. You will be liaising with third-party manufacturers, warehouses, and the end customers, building lasting relationships across the supply chain.
● Manage the day to day operations to meet productivity, accuracy, lead time, environmental and financial goals
● Consistent and accurate daily tracking activities across the end to end supply chain, including quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and potential concerns
● Monitor and report performance against KPI’s with adequate improvement recommendations
● Review, reconcile and authorize freight and carrier invoices
You thrive with autonomy, love solving problems and learning new things. You are open minded and don’t mind being thrown random tasks and no challenge is too big OR too small. You create order where there might otherwise be chaos. As we’re working with so many companies, partners and shipping bottles to many locations, you’ll need a real attention to detail and a logistics oriented mindset.
You digest information you are presented with and keep information stored at your finger-tips to educate customers and fellow teammates and formulate ideas to contribute to the smooth running and growth of the company. So, if you’ve done something like this before and this description resonates with you, then hit apply!
WHAT WE NEED
● You have 3+ years of operations / supply chain / logistics experience in a fast-paced environment
● Experience with product logistics (3PL and carrier contracts, production, QC, customisation, shipments, customs, warehousing, wholesale, retail & direct despatch)
● A strong numerical acumen enabling you to gather and interpret & communicate data effectively
● Ability to work with tight deadlines
Bonus Points (non essential, but a bonus if you have them!)
● You are comfortable with COGS, margin, KPI production and SLA management
● Have experience working with brand partners, distributors and retail within start up or scale up business
● Able to automate processes and also provide a delightful customer experience at all touch-points
WHAT YOU'LL GET
We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
● Stock options: So you’re as invested in our future growth as we are!
● 26 days paid holiday – 25 days plus an extra day off on your birthday (because who wants to work on their birthday)
● Flexible working and flexible unpaid leave
● Social: Regular team social events, pizzas a fortnight are a must and we work at Shoreditch house every Monday. While we’re still small we want to make the most of company weeks away and days spent at home or in different places.
● Pension: We provide a pension scheme for all permanent employees, in line with government requirements
● Learning perks: We’ll give you £100 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
● We’ll offset your annual carbon footprint
How to apply...
We take care of the entire process for you so we can manage and remove poor experiences like ghosting, no feedback, no updates and so on 🙌
All you have to do is let your Relationship Manager know you’re interested, ask them any questions you have and they will take care of the rest.
Straight to the front
From there, what’s next is super simple 😇
If you like the initial sound of the company/ role. We then act as your “in” with them and set up an initial phone chat with you and the Hiring Manager there.
The chat will be pretty informal and should only last 10-15 minutes - It's a fact find for both of you.
More than prepared
Before the call we will send you EVERYTHING you'll need to know about the company / who they are looking for / format of the call and so on.
You will be fully prepared and know what to expect at every stage 😀