Early access Release date : 07/03/2019
Job position: Customer Service Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Job profile - early access
CreditLadder is backed by a family office and is the UK’s first and biggest rent reporting service helping tenants to improve their Experian credit history. This is achieved by ensuring their on-time rent payments are captured and shared. By helping tenants improve their credit score, they can access finance, or access finance at better rates on products such as credit cards, loans and utilities, and it can even help them towards getting their first mortgage.
By using the latest in Open Banking enabled technology we are constantly pushing the boundaries of FinTech. CreditLadder were also the biggest winners of HM Treasury’s Rent Recognition Challenge, and received a significant six-figure grant.
You will be joining a small, but an ambitious business which has already delivered significant traction and wins.
CreditLadder has received significant coverage for its achievements, and a selection of these can be seen below:
We are looking for an experienced Customer Service Manager to provide excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the organisation.
The goal is to keep the department running in an efficient and revenue generating manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to meet their expectations. You will take day-to-day operational and performance management to agreed KPIs and SLAs. You will show empathy towards tenants and have a passion for helping first-time buyers.
This is a chance to join a mission-driven startup aimed at making a difference. An empathy for tenants and helping financial inclusion and improvement is preferred. A role that really challenges a standard operational set up to make it as efficient as possible, providing the best in class self-service model for increased scale without bloat.
A chance to work with a team of domain experts passionate about what they do and who love coming to work each day.
This is a very hands on role so the individual you will need to be resilient. The aim is for you to cut their teeth on the "shop floor" but be working on operational efficiencies as you go. When you start to expand out the team you have full control and autonomy on the approach to the operation.
• Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
• Take ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution
• Set a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
• Develop service procedures, policies and standards
• Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions
• Analyse statistics and compile accurate reports
• Nurture an environment where customer service staff can excel through encouragement and empowerment
• Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement
• Control resources and utilise assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets
• Adhere to and manage the approved budget
• Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities
• Supplier management
• Management of customer service staff with one current direct report with the team set to grow later in 2019.
• Take ownership of financial assistance including invoice processing and operational checking
• Drive continual business improvement in service, experience, customer retention, revenue and quality including with the new mortgage product.
• Up-sell/cross-sell of products and services and establishing these processes.
• Hands-on approach
• Proven working experience as a customer service manager, retail manager or assistant manager (5+ years)
• Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques
• Proficiency in English
• Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools including a good awareness of Zendesk and Intercom
• Awareness of the industry’s latest technology trends and applications
• Ability to think strategically and to lead
• Strong client-facing and communication skills
• Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
• Based just off Finsbury Square – closest stations are Liverpool St, Moorgate and Old Street.
• Salary will be based on experience.
• Equity available subject to usual vesting periods.
• 25 days paid holiday, plus paid UK bank holidays.