Salary: £25-£30,000+ / % Equity
Office: Whitechapel High St, London, E1 7PT
Start Date: ASAP
Company Website: https://www.marshmallow.com/
At Marshmallow, we believe that the old will get disrupted by the new. Insurance has been untouched by technical innovation, and that's about to change.
We're a team of engineers, actuaries, designers and big thinkers building a purpose-driven, technology first insurer helping the most underserved portion of the insurance market - foreign-born drivers.
We've built a proprietary rating algorithm that uses information from global data sources to understand the risk of someone from a foreign country and it means that we can lower the cost of insurance for millions of people who live outside of the country they were born in.
To build the best insurance company in the world, we need the best people in the world.
When people are empowered they will deliver incredible results, when people collaborate work becomes fun and progressive, and when there is an environment that supports personal development we will improve as a company every day.
What type of company are you joining?
We don't believe in a strict hierarchy where only the top of the funnel make decisions. Instead, we are building a company of the future where everyone is a decision maker. There is no micro-management, but you will be part of a team where everyone is exceptional, smart and collaborative - so you can expect a lot of support!
- The heart and soul of Marshmallow talking directly and honestly with our customers, developing a deep understanding of what international communities really want from a fairer, tech insurer
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations or hopes of our customers, seeing where we can change our processes, tools or product to make them happier
- Managing our business operations tasks, from developing templates for no claims bonuses to checking identity documents
- Understanding, prioritising and escalating our customers' feedback and feature requests to the product team (who build our website)
- Making sure the rest of the company stays customer-focused and fixated on building the best insurer account in the world
You should apply if..
- You're great at explaining things to people
- You have huge amounts of empathy and the ability to live in the customer's shoes
- You have a passion for technology
- You want to help change the world through financial tech
- You'll be in a fast-paced Fin Tech where you will be exposed to a number of different roles
- If you want to go to a conference or start learning a new coding language then we'll be behind you
- Everyone who joins gets a Kindle with Kindle Unlimited on the company
- We have breakfast together every Tuesday
- Every month we go on a company-wide trip ranging from Escape Games to Crazy Golf
- Everyone in the company gets equity (ownership in Marshmallow)
- There's no one size fits all approach to work and we will support you in learning what work-schedule works for you
- We offer 33 holiday days including bank holidays
- We believe in continuous learning and becoming the best versions of ourselves
- Everyone is empowered to make decisions
- We speak up and are honest with each other
- The team comes before the individual
Long term packages
- We want you to own the work you do and own some of the company you work in meaning all employees get options in Marshmallow.
- Everyone at Marshmallow has the opportunity to join a pension scheme.
Learning & development
- If you want to go to a conference or start learning a new coding language then we'll be behind you.
- Everyone who joins gets a Kindle with Kindle Unlimited on the company.
- There's no one size fits all approach to work and we will support you in learning what work-schedule works for you.
- We offer 33 holiday days including bank holidays.
- We have breakfast together every Thursday.
- Every month we go on a company-wide trip ranging from Escape Games to Crazy Golf.