Release date : 24/04/2019
Company: Add To Event https://www.addtoevent.co.uk/
Job position: Growth Executive
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Up to £35,000 basic + options and benefits
Job profile - early version
About Add to Event
Add to Event is an award winning startup that has helped to find suppliers for over 100,000 events, ranging from birthday parties to large corporate events for the likes of The BBC, Accenture and JP Morgan.
Our innovative marketplace makes it incredibly easy to find whatever you need for your event, from from giant tipis to woodfired pizza caterers. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Trustpilot Reviews.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for customer activation, ensuring that new suppliers get off to the best possible start on our platform.
You should have a passion for growth, a love of the small businesses you’ll be working with and a genuine interest in helping people to grow their events business through Add to Event.
You’ll be naturally entrepreneurial and always looking for opportunities to help suppliers get the most from our platform.
Strong communication skills are essential as you’ll need to be able to quickly build rapport with a range of users, from a Caterer in Carlisle to a DJ in Dundee.
You’ll enjoy working as part of a dynamic team and use the knowledge you gain from conversations with new customers to help improve our offering and push the business forward.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
We’re looking for someone who has a strong commercial mindset and is comfortable with building business relationships.
● Ability to quickly build rapport – you should be able to easily engage new customers in conversations, understanding the issues they face and how Add to Event can help.
● Fast learner – you’ll be in a fast paced environment where you’ll need to be able to quickly absorb a lot of information
● Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential..
● Confidence in engaging with suppliers during the onboarding phase.
● Goal oriented – you’ll need to relish the opportunity to help achieve and exceed targets.
● Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset – to succeed in this role you’ll need to be driven to achieve your targets and be able to identify new ways to achieve those goals.
● Analytical – you should be comfortable processing customer data to segment and target users based on multiple criteria.
● Freedom to fully define the role and put in place your own working practices
● We’ll hook you up with a MacBook, screen and all required software on your first day
● Fun, friendly office environment with regular team socials
● Free lunches every Tuesday (team buffet) and Friday (street food)
● Unlimited coffee
● Daily free breakfast
We’re located at Ministry of Sound’s HQ in Elephant and Castle.
Add to Event was founded by two brothers, Tim and Ben.
Frustrated by the difficulties of finding suppliers for events, they decided to build a platform to solve this problem. A few years on and it’s now the UK’s leading marketplace for event services, helping find suppliers for thousands of events every week.
Industry knowledge paired with digital expertise
We are a very product focused company and our success has come through working closely with our users, understanding the events industry inside out and combining this with best practices in user experience and data-driven decision making.
We want to enable anyone, anywhere, to organise incredible events with ease.
We’re building the only platform you’ll need for all of the important celebrations in your life; from your 18th birthday to your ruby wedding anniversary. At the same time, we’re helping small events businesses to thrive by providing an affordable and regular stream of local business.
How to apply...
We take care of the entire process for you so we can manage and remove poor experiences like ghosting, no feedback, no updates and so on 🙌
All you have to do is let your Relationship Manager know you’re interested, ask them any questions you have and they will take care of the rest.
Straight to the front
From there, what’s next is super simple 😇
If you like the initial sound of the company/ role. We then act as your “in” with them and set up an initial phone chat with you and the Hiring Manager there.
The chat will be pretty informal and should only last 10-15 minutes - It's a fact find for both of you.
More than prepared
Before the call we will send you EVERYTHING you'll need to know about the company / who they are looking for / format of the call and so on.
You will be fully prepared and know what to expect at every stage 😀